Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Darvocet

You were crazy like me,
You feared like me, 
You loved like me,
And you escaped like me.

Now you are buried under fake grass.

I have your baseball glove and your smoking jacket. 
I have your death pills in a box.
I only take them to hate them even more.
Your ashtray is giving me cancer, but the yellow stain you had on your finger makes it seem okay.

Now you are surrounded by stupid flowers.

Your disorders haunt me like ghosts with unfinished business.
Obsessive, scheduled, evasive, insomniatic, and gullible. 
The adjectives that gave us a reason to believe. 
YOU believed it, but I never will.

Now your children call someone else dad.

1 comment:

  1. In Him I see Hope
    In Him I know I am loved
    In Him there is a better today
    In Him I belong to a family
    In Him is all the fulness of life
    In Him is light
    In Him is a radiance undescrible.
    Otherwise, I am lost. Joey Blackmon

    ReplyDelete